Call for Participation
Summer Serendipity: A Johns Creek Arts Center Virtual Arts Competition
August 7- September 10, 2021
The Johns Creek Arts Center is seeking submissions for Summer Serendipity, an online
multi-media art competition and exhibition taking place August 7th through September
10th, 2021. Due to current social distancing required necessitated by COVID-19 the
exhibition will be presented on our website using the Wondergrid Gallery platform.
This is a judged competition. Artists are allowed to enter up to three works for a single
$35.00 entry fee. While we may not be able to accept all works submitted, each submitting artist will have at least one work accepted for exhibition. Cash prizes and ribbon awards will be presented in recognition of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place achievement. The amount of the cash award will be determined by the amount collected in entry fees.
If you have questions about the suitability of a medium please contact the
curator, Althea Foster via email: email@example.com.
Deadline for entry: July 25,2021
Notification of Selection: August 2, 2021
Exhibition Dates: August 7- September 10, 2021
SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR SELECTION
• Each artist is allowed to submit up to 3 images of original works for $35.00.
Send all submissions via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with Summer
Serendipity in the subject line.
• All entry files (regardless of type or media) must be named with artist’s last name,
first name, followed by the title (for example: SmithSally_Thisismypainting.jpg)
• Image files should be in HIGH QUALITY JPEG format, images should be no
smaller than 1000 pixels in any direction (about 13”) and be a 72dpi. This should
result in most image files ranging from 700kb to 2mb in file size, but this is only
• Images must be oriented properly (i.e. top of image is top of artwork) and should
not include text info or borders that are not part of the actual work. Any
communications should reference the exhibit title in the subject of the email.
• The accompanying submission email must include:
• Name, Address, Email and Phone Number
• Title, medium, size, and price for each work entered.
• Please do not submit LINKS to jpeg files (Google Docs or otherwise).
Please attach images directly to one or more emails.
• Works may be for sale or not for sale. Artists receive 75% of the selling
price of work sold during the exhibition. JCAC retains 25%.
• Artists may pay the $35.00 entry fee by credit card over the phone by
calling the arts center during normal business hours (M-F 9AM – 5PM) 770
623-8448. Entry fees may also be paid by check. Checks should be made
payable to Johns Creek Arts Center. The mailing address is 6290 Abbotts
Bridge Rd. Bldg. 700 Duluth, GA 30097. Works are not considered
submitted until all entry fees have been paid. Entry fees are nonrefundable.
Cash Prizes and recognition ribbons for 1st ,2nd, 3rd place will be awarded. The
amount of the cash award will be determined by the amount collected in entry fees.
Please contact the curator, Althea Foster at email@example.com for