In this course we will journey beyond the "lucky shot". Participants will learn how to unleash the true photographic artist within rather than relying upon the camera.
From your unique visual concept of a particular subject, you will learn how to apply various photographic techniques and principals to control the digital medium and create frame-worthy art:
- What constitutes a great photograph
- Fearless vision
- Understanding the capabilities of your camera to crack the triad code (interplay of shutter speed, aperture, and ISO)
- Lighting (natural, exsiting, artificial)
- Optics (quality; wide-angle, telephoto, zoom)
- Attributes of color, black-and-white, and tinting effects
We will also discuss how to produce a fine art print of your work.
Mondays: 5:30-7:00pm (8 lessons)
Equipment required: Digital camera with manual controls - no camera phones (questions regarding equipment may be directed to: JGerlichPhotoArt@msn.com)