A class in Abstract technique. Take your Acrylic painting skills to another level by learning to add texture and depth to your work. In this course, we will learn various palette knife techniques, work with materials and paint additives that lend to visual impact, as well as spend time learning to layer acrylic paints for 3D results, optical illusion and “dirty pours”. Experience of any level is welcome. The instructor will meet you where you are at.
Suggested Supply list:
- 1 bottle 90% Isoprophyl Alcohol (Kroger)
- 1 small spray bottle (Dollar store)
- Metal Palette knives 1 of each kind, 2.25”, 3.5” (see photos)
- Disposable plastic drink cups (dollar store)
- Disposable gloves (not food grade)
- Flat wooden Stir Stixs (hardware store size for paint)
- Smooth surface palette 1 per student
- Various 8 Oz bottles of student, studio grade, craft, or value Acrylic paints in at least, red, yellow, blue, black, white and brown (not tubes), feel free to bring additional colors you like
- 2oz tube Golden brand iridescent gold acrylic (see photo)
- 8 Oz jar Golden HARD molding paste
- 2 each size of smooth surface gessoed boards: 12x16 & 16x20
https://www.jerrysartarama.com/ has great deals on most of the art supplies!
The arts center cares about your health and safety, therefore, masks are required by all students and staff.