Learn to draw the proportions of a head from the front, side, and 3/4 views. We will also focus on eyes, mouths, noses, ears, and hair, as well as how to draw various ethnicities and ages, and learning how different lighting can affect the mood of a portrait.
Supplies to Bring to Class:
- Pencils, any brand - a range of hardness is good, but at least a 4B, HB, and a 2H
- Sketchbook, any brand - about 11x14 or 8x 10 or any similar size - must be labeled either drawing or sketching ( the paper needs a little texture, nothing too smooth)
- Erasers - one white vinyl, any brand, and one kneaded eraser
- Paper blending sticks, any size ( also called tortillons)
- Any other medium you'd like to work in, such as charcoal or colored pencil