Covid-19 and JCAC
Please consider visiting our donation page and making a donation to offset income losses. We are working hard to cover studio and overhead costs that don’t stop even if we are forced to close. We are so grateful for any amount that helps to keep our non-profit community arts center running smoothly and staying open.
As the Covid-19 pandemic unfolds in our area, we are closely monitoring the situation. As a tightly knit community of artists, friends and families, the health and safety of our students, campers and staff is of great importance to us. We are routinely assessing the information released from the CDC in order to stay up to date on best practices and preventative measures.
Please see below to find out what we’re doing to help keep our community safe. Also what we need from our artists, members and students to help keep the Johns Creek Arts Center safe.
What We’re Doing
- Masks are required for all students and staff inside our building.
- Temperature checks upon arrival
- No-touch soap pumps throughout the Center. Please use them, they are for everyone.
- Hand sanitizer can also be found throughout our Center, they are also for everyone’s use.
- Routine disinfecting of commonly used areas with hospital grade disinfectant.
- Smaller class/camp size to conform with social distancing guidelines recommended by the CDC.
- We have changed your working area to create more distance.
- Lunch is not available for purchase at our Summer Camps this year. Please pack your child a sack lunch with a snack and water bottle included.
- Also for Summer Camp: Please understand for the safety of all, we do not allow our camps to co-mingle.
What You Can Do
- Stay home if you’re not feeling well.
- Wash your hands, thoroughly and often.
- WEAR YOUR MASK at all times, if you need to remove it for a phone call or breathing break, please do so outside.
- Register for classes and camps on-line
- Don’t touch your face, nose or mouth.
- Familiarize yourself with the CDC’s website – more information can be found at https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/about/prevention-treatment.html
- Please, be patient. We are all going through this together.